Care Packages

hi everybody, my eight year old daughter just asked me tonight if we could send some stuff to soldiers fighting in iraq. i think this is a great idea, but dont really know how to get started. so if anyone knows which non-profit organizations to contact for anonmous care packages for soldiers, or if anyone has a loved one over there that would like a care package, please let me know.

bi-polarmommy

Asked by bi-polarmommy at 10:29 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You can get ideas on how to support our soldier’s here.

http://www.military.com/benefits/resources/support-our-troops
    Anonymous

• i can tell u what they need.... i suggest sending it to afgahn. tho...

baby wipes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    q-tips
    socks...green army socks
    boot insoles
    gloves
    CANDY
    chocolates, fruity things
    double a batteries
    elctronic razors
    underarmor tan long sleeve shirts
    soap, shampoo, deodrant
    MOUTHWASH

things like this... my husband did 15 months in afghan. in the real stuff and this is what he always wanted/needed....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Do you have a base or post nearby. If not, how about a VFW or local veteran's affairs office.

american flag ribbon   to you and your daughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  God Bless!

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:57 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Oh you've got to go to Care Packages Unlimited on CM. They have tons of great ideas and I'm sure they can help you send something anonymously.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:33 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• you rockThank you to you and your daughter, the guys appreciate all the packages they get over there! Especially the ones without family to send them things.  I do suggest Afghanistan since that is where most of the action is now, and that is where more troops are being deployed to.

AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:00 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I was told I couldn't do it anonymously. Our homeschool group sent Christmas cards, and we had to have a soldier's address and include ours. I think they were worried about someone sending something detestable or dangerous.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• You have to have you name and add on the paper they stick to the outside of the box but, the soldiers may want to send you a letter or something. I would send to Afghanistan though.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:01 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• You could check with the USO. They may be able to get you some addresses to send soldiers things.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:02 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• thanks for all the suggestions, and i realized i should have said "random" rather than "anonmous" it's not that i don't want them to know who sent it, it just that we don't know anyone specfically to send a care package to
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 9:21 PM on Mar. 7, 2009