My 10 Month old has no desire to drink out of a sippy cup?

Im just worried since I know you are supposed to try and get babies off the bottle around 1 yr. old. My baby wont even hold her own bottle. Should I be worried?

SandyD78

Asked by SandyD78 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter didn't start holding her own bottle either until around 10 months old (finally~LOL)
    Anyways, just keep trying to get her to hold it. And make sure the sippy cup you are giving her has handles to make it easier. And just keep trying the sippy cup. You can even purchase different kinds to try and find one that she likes the best. My daughter was off the bottle and on the sippy completely by 14 months old which is what the doctor suggested. It takes time for them to get used to the sippy. I started at 13 months old to only give her a bottle at night before bed and in the morning when she woke up and by 14 months I took those bottles away too and it was all sippy cups from then on.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 10:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I wouldnt be concerned that she isnt holding her own bottle, my daughter did for a little then stopped and only gets a bottle at night (10months also) and she wont hold that, but drinks from a sippy since she was 3 months and does just fine. Try one with handles if your not and juice...my daughter LOVES juice! Just keep trying she will get it soon!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 10:39 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Try a straw cup, instead. My son didn't like the sippy cup so we skipped it and he took to a straw cup very easily. "Take & Toss" straw cups are cheap, but the Nuk brand straw cups are great because they have handles.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2009