What is Faith to you? I don't understand why people say that 'you have to have faith' when I ask them questions about their beliefs. That doesn't explain why you believe what you believe. So if Faith is what it is all about then tell me what do YOU think Faith is?

I believe it is a spiritual understanding that we are not alone. I think it means if you jump blindly there is a chance things will work out because we aren't alone in this life. We are all conncected and as a whole we are connected to something greater than 'mankind'. However, that certainly isn't an answer to why do you believe in what you believe in. Faith isn't always the answer. I think there should be some knowledge or foundation to things you invest your time into. (usually) It keeps your mind open. For example, if someone is homeless and they say they need help..telling them you have faith things will work out isn't an answer to what they need. Having some solid knowledge that we need eachother is what that person needs.Then actually taking action because you know that is the right thing to do then you have actually been receptive to a human need. Than Faith comes in--believing that what you did wasn't for nothing.

IzzeAddy

Asked by IzzeAddy at 10:34 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• just listen to the song of limp bisquit, "cause you got to have faith ah faith ah faith, baby!"
    Anonymous

• or george michaels song "cause u got to have faith!" that will explain your answer to u;]
    Anonymous

• When I look into my sons eyes, I know God exists.
    When I look up at the sky, I see all of God's wonder.
    When I am in nature, I feel God's prescence.
    When I pray to God, He answers.
    When I need comfort, He brings it.
    When I need hope the Bible tells it.
    This is why I have faith......because my faith surrounds me in all of His glory and is very "real" to me.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 10:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Everyone has faith at some point in their lives.
    here is the definition(s) of faith: 1:confidence or trust in a person or thing [which is what most of us have in our family and friends :)]
    2:belief that is not based on proof
    3:belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion
    4:a system of religious belief
    5:the obligation of loyalty or fidelity to a person, promise, engagement (this could also include a majority of us)
    6:the observance of this obligation; fidelity to one's promise, oath, allegiance, etc

see most of us have faith in something... it's just a matter of how some use it. What is it to me?
    Well I have faith in my friends, my family, and myself. In their loyalty and commitment to me as I commit to them.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:54 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Faith can be different for different people. My faith is my belief in God, Jesus dying for my sins, forgiveness for my sins, the fact that He is always there for me whenever I am down, He is sometimes the only one who can lift me up. My faith is all I have sometimes. I have never denied God even though I have let him down. My faith also reminds me of where I am going when I die. I can't say what anyone else's faith means to them, but if you have God in your life, you'll know what faith is.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Faith to me is what i believe in...God, how he created the world, how his son was born/died, and where i will go after death. Faith is what i consider to be Christan.
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 10:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• why do i believe in God and his son Jesus and the holy ghost... well first of all because God has done so much for me in my life. First when I was 1 yrs old the doctors told my mom that I was going to be blind by the time I was 2.. Well my grandmaw prayed for me and my eyes are almost perfect these days. Praise the Lord. When I was little I remember seeing Jesus I was really young but we had a bad storm in my area and I was so scared of storms and I remember Jesus holding me .. Also also The Lord has healed my family.. ITs not just because he has healed me and my family thats one reason I believe in him.. The other is I would not have what I have today if it wasnt for the Lord. I was raised poor. But not I dont want to have to want for anything. Also God has blessed me with a great hubby and I cant thank him anough I didnt know there was any man out there for me but God knew.. Praise him..
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• CONT... Also when I started reading the bible I knew that is had to do with my life and everything in the bible was coming to pass on what is going to happen in the last days... Also I do have faith and that is great.. So that is why I believe in what I believe in. JESUS CHRIST MY LORD AND SAVIOR...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Great !!!! now I can't get the song "cause you gotta have faith" outta my head!!!
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:06 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Army wife 2000 hit it right on the head..I can't say what anyone else's faith is BUT I can tell you mine... For me Faith (confidence in , trusting in, believing in, relying on) is in Jesus. In Jesus coming and paying my sin debt on the Cross of Calvary. Believing, having Faith in His death, burial and resurrection. And Faith that He is coming again! (Just as He said.)
    Yes, we are all connected in that mankind are sinners, because of what happened in the Garden of Eden. But, where mankind is different is in their relationship with God and His Son Jesus Christ. A relationship.
    Also, addressing the subject of the homeless person..I wouldn't as a Christian tell a homeless person Just have Faith. Because, have faith in what??? As a Christian, I think of Just have Faith..That God will work all things out for the good to those who are called according to His purpsose. For a homeless person meet their needs.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 6, 2009