Temperature Question. Please help me (pioa)

We have a digital thermometer. But my 15 month old DD will not sit still for me to take her temp in her mouth. Can I take it under her arm? If so, is that an accurate reading? I think I remember reading that you are supposed to add (or maybe it was subtract) a degree? Or something like that? Help please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think that you add a degree
    jziegler

Answer by jziegler at 10:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Usually at 15 mts old, they aren't ready for an oral temp....under the arm is fine, and you should add a degree. This is how we do it all the time, and it is pretty accurate. Good luck! Hope your DD feels better soon!
    MommytoIsabella

Answer by MommytoIsabella at 10:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I dont know how accurate under the arm is but it is better than having no idea at all
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 10:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• You can take her temp under the arm, but you need to add a degree. I have a Vick's thermometor and it takes the temp really fast. My daugher is very active, so I need to be able to take her temp quickly.
    charjaxx

Answer by charjaxx at 10:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Add a degree, but if you call the Dr or take her in make sure to tell them where you took it and that you did add a degree if the ask what her temp has been.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2009