kidney infection

what are you supposed to drink other then water for a kidney infection.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Health

• Cranberry juice is good. But have you seen a doctor? A kidney infection requires swift medical attention.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:54 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• When I feel like I am getting a UTI or something of that I take those AZO cranberry pills. Then drink alot of cranberry juice. It goes away for me.
    aebrown

Answer by aebrown at 11:02 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I've answered a few questions like this before. My three sister's and I can not drink anything that has a high sugar content because if we do, we will get a UTI the very next day. MY doc is adamantly against cranberry juice for UTI's because of the sugar in the juice. It actually makes the problem worsen very quickly. The cranberry pills have no sugar and there is non-sweetened cranberry juice available. You may also want to try pro-biotics to help your body fight the infection. However, if you have an actual kidney infection you are at the point where you need medical attention (you may have already done this). Either way, I wish you a speedy recovery!
    Raegy

Answer by Raegy at 3:15 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• i get them a lot. stay away from caffeine. drink A LOT cranberry juice like a whole container in a day until its gone. it may seem like a lot but it will help so much and you will feel so much better. water too! and pee a lot
    Julz315

Answer by Julz315 at 7:48 PM on Mar. 7, 2009