left my husband

hi cafemoms ...i have posting in there for a while now and i just want u all to know thanks for the replys and all. i left my abustive hubby today dfacts got called and all.. does anyone know the next step in this process i have to go mon to get a pto order on him if we quilify for one i hope we do cux he has been emailin me and such and i have blocked him now. They say he had to threatin to kill me before one lol ...any one know ???but i went to my moms and im fine i just wanted to tell every one thanks !!! for ur comments !! please can someone tell me what the next step in this process well be ..how long does it take a dirvoce to be final?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• next step is stay strong and dont believe the i will change bull. i seen too many women leave their abusers then go back months later. surrond yourself with loved ones and see about local programs that help abusers. they have one in my area where the mom and the kids go to a safe house that is kept secrete and family can only send letters to a PO box. keeps the abuser away and gives mom time to get her life together
    Anonymous

• The divorce statues vary by state. What state? PTO = Protective order? Rules also vary by state. I don't need a county, or city, just a state, and I can research for you. ;)
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 11:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• georgia and thanks !!! i am goin monday to check on thearpy and all for me and my son..ive went back way to many times nuttin change this time if i was to go back i was enformed i would lose my son and he isnt worth me losing my child over...i know this and i wannna and will start over this time my family is gonna help me as much as they can
    Anonymous

• I wish you the best! Keep your head up and remember that you deserve better!
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 11:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I am so proud of you for taking that big step. I would not block his e-mails though...let them come through and print them out to show a judge - when it comes to it.
    CrzyHome

Answer by CrzyHome at 1:23 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Yes leaving was a big step,but the big step is staying focus and doing what needs to be done. I left my husband with nothing but a suitcase of clothes. I had nothing,and I had to start all over after being away from my mother for over ten years. It's makes you feel bad, but you can do it the thing that kept me going and still keeps me going is I prayed day in and day out. I went through so much. I had to do things that I never wanted to be in a situation to do for example I had to get assistance from the state because I just could not do everything that needed to be done to take care of my son and self. I am still learning for as I have to tell myself the should and could have doesn't have or solve anything. I am currently employed thank God for that, but it is a shift that I do not like or wish I did not have to do, and that is grave yard, but I have to i order to pay the bills and provide a place. You stay positive.
    willsurvive

Answer by willsurvive at 8:01 AM on Mar. 7, 2009