About how many hours a week do you let your kids watch TV?

My child likes to watch a few shows on the Disney Channel and also loves the Discovery Channel. I think it's great that she has such an interest in learning about what she sees on Discovery and Animal Planet, but I try to make sure she isn't in front of the TV set all that long and does other things. Do you all have a "set time" in so far as how many hours a week your children watch, or do you monitor their TV viewing time in other ways?

MichelleJ23

Asked by MichelleJ23 at 11:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• My kids can watch tv in the evenings after dinner and bath(which is after being outside and homework done), or they can watch it if it is raining, or too cold to play outside. Also, during the summer, if they don't to swim but it is too hot out, they can watch it (we live in FL, where it can get really, really hot and have NO shade trees in our yard). They mostly want to watch Discovery Kids, Discovery, Animal Planet, History, of the Science Channel, so I figure if they want to watch it, at least they're not rotting their brains with something stupid...you know, like what I watch. lol Honestly, they probably watch...maybe an hour or 2 a day, at most.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:54 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Too many, lol!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• after homework, when it is cold or dark but before bed. If it is nice out then they are outside. They tend to like playing wii fit more then watching TV. The weekends its usually a few of their favorite sports teams and that is it. They are normally outside when it is nice out.
    partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 8:56 AM on Mar. 7, 2009