• In the Spotlight:

Guess what I just heard?

The octomom is selling the tape of the birth of her octuplets, TMZ says it will go for over one million dollars. Now it makes me wonder was the woman REALLY irresponsible and ignorant, or was she planning all of this all along and is F**king brilliant?

ednakrabapple

Asked by ednakrabapple at 11:20 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ***ignorant, or was she planning all of this all along***
    I think it's a little of both, to use and gamble with the lives of so many infants for personal gain is to me something ignorant, but also premeditated and not beneath her as her irresponsible actions have demonstrated, however I don't think she was brilliant or she would have foreseen the negative effects all of this has caused. Although I am doubtful that anybody would buy the video, you never know what crazy rich person might do to add one more rare piece to their video collection. Also, I don't think a million would help her much in the long run with so many to care for... for maybe a few years she'll video tape her kids' progress, go away from the poor publicity and then pop up as her well runs dry to sell more "rare" moments.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 1:23 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• once again I repeat... there was no way to know she would end up with 8 babies. She only expected one or two. So no she didnt plan this all along. Come on get real here.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I think once she learned she was carrying that many she started seeing the $$$$$$ opportunities.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I agree goaliemom.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Me too because I mean she had sonograms and stuff and was told she was going to have seven, so when she had them implanted she didn't know what she was going to get. She already had six at home, and there are two large families on tv right now so I think she was totally starting to get the glimmer in her mind about it.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 11:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• brilliant? seriously? i think stupid or idiotic are better descriptions. who in their right mind will opt to have more kids when she obliviously cant take care of the ones she had. living on welfare and livin at her moms and 3 of her 6 has disabilities. that woman has serious issues. selling a video of the birth is just degrading to those poor innocent children.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 11:28 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Edna, I think you may have a point. She could have kept her name and her children out of the news if she had wanted. She is loving all of the attention.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Oh I agree it is degrading to them, but I think in her mind she sees it as being good for them, whic it is if she has more money she can provide for them better, but I really think this was on her mind when she found out.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 11:31 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• yeah it could be good if she actually spent the money on them to hire nannies and the sorts. but from what i seen of her i doubt highly that will happen
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 11:33 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• At first she did, her mom outed her I think, but she could have stayed under the radar and not answered the phone when Dateline or whatever called, but she didn't. She told all of America her situation in hopes (I think) of making money off of her situation.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 11:34 PM on Mar. 6, 2009