• In the Spotlight:

What should I do for my sisters baby shower??

I wanna do A creative gift for her but my mom is doing the diaper cake already shes having a girl shes naming her cassidy kay shes due in may!

xaviersmamacita

Asked by xaviersmamacita at 11:29 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Get some cloth diapers (the kind you can use at burp clothes too that are thick in the middle. I think they are called 3 ply) and have them embrodered with the baby's name, little hearts, princess crowns, etc.

OR you could buy her a diaper bag and prepack it for her (don't take the stuff out of the packs incase she needs to return it for some reason) with like nursing pads, pacifiers, wipes, diapers, thermometer, burp clothes, etc.
    Anonymous

• Get her a diaper service if she might like to use cloth diapers, a gift certificate to a photography studio or a digital scrapbooking option.
    Trinjo

Answer by Trinjo at 12:32 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• a baby clothes line.. u can put used new clothes ... i made one for my sister and she loved it.. clothes from nb to 18 months.. blanket socks bibs .. i went yard sales every weekend and spent like 40 bucks.. some stuff even had tags still on them..
    1sttymmom409

Answer by 1sttymmom409 at 9:25 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I read an idea somewhere that might be fun... the day before the shower get a bunch of her friends together and using onsies and fabric paint make a bunch of original onsies for the baby. Or you could do a bunch on your own... Another idea if she is into colorful fun stuff would be to buy an at home tiedye kit for her present and the two of you could spend a day doing tie dye baby gear. Whatever you get her will be appreciated though, and you can never buy her enough diapers!

Oh and since she is having a girl, maybe a framed photo of the two of you as little girls for the baby's room... Just to remind her how precious the two of you were and what she can look forward to
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 9:53 AM on Mar. 7, 2009