What did you consider naming your baby?

Ok, your kids are born, and named. But what were the OTHER names you were considering?? What would you have named it if it was a different sex?

MJ_BN_FE

Asked by MJ_BN_FE at 11:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have Casey Lynn who was gonna be David Wayne had she been a boy, I also thought of Whitney Rose for a girl but she fits Casey
    Justin Michael is because my DH lost an uncle in AL named JM. He wanted my son in CA to have initials & we fought, I won It's been 25 years so I don't remember what his name would have been had he been a girl.
    Carin Ann - I worked with a girl named Carin when I was just a few moths pregnant & KNEW I was having a girl & that would be her name. Never had a boy's name for her
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 3:30 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I always wanted to name my son Johnathan & I did but I am so confused if I ever have a girl or even another boy.
    Mommy7907

Answer by Mommy7907 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• It was going to be Ronin which is an out of work samurai, but no one liked it so it became Harrison Jude which is the result of a Harrison Ford and a Jude Law movie coming out when I was pregnant. That was just the youngest one, who incidentally was the only one out of the three who had a name before he was born!
    For a girl I have always wanted to name her Georgia, but I have had all boys and now I am done so I will give Georgia away any of you who like it can have it.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 11:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i wanted Leland Eugene after my cousin who died at birth and Daisy Mae after my grandma who was killed in a house fire but my hubby protested both so we have a Daniel Gene and a Jessica Diane
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 11:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• If we had had a girl she would have been Rossilyn Olivia -Rossi for short, after my dad (Ross). But we had Orin Merrick ... these were THE ONLY two boy names we could agree on, thankfully I like the way they sound together!
    momyo

Answer by momyo at 12:08 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• i have an alexis nicole...if she was a boy, he woulda been welll..lol..i didnt have any boys names picked out cuz all i wanted was a girl..lol...probably woulda ended up being alex, or austin..or cody..or logan..or tristan...lol...yaaa i dunno..lol..my next girl tho i want violet to be in the name somewhere, named after my grandma..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:13 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I was gonna go with Joshua but translated into spanish sounded ugly to me, then I wanted Andrew but the big thing in the news was that guy that killed Giani Versace and a bunch of other people. So at the very last minute and I mean last mintue,the nurse was standing there with her arms folded and I named him Alexander. I like it, I call him Alex and when I am mad it is AL-EX-AN-DER!!!!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:14 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My oldest daughter (Meagan Greer) was called Kiley Nicole in the womb until 2 weeks before she was born and then I changed my mind, lol. If she had been a boy she would have been Owen.
    Our son (Owen Patrick) would have been Cailtyn Shaye if he had been a girl. Owen was the only boy name we had picked out for the first 2 kids.
    Our middle daughter (Brenna Caitlen) would have been Tyler Glen if she had been a boy and up until 2 days before she was born I was using the girl name I picked out for my son but then I saw Brenna in the baby name book and knew it was perfect for a girl.
    Our youngest is named after my Aunt Nora and my mom, Glenna. Her name is Nora Glenn and she was so hard to name. My other girl name I had picked out was Sarah Kiley and if she had been a boy she would have been Kyler Glen. I didn't officially decide which name for her until she was a few hours old.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:30 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Guess i coulda said.. My oldest is named Mickelle Jade, but I was going to name her Mickelle Marie, but her grandma kept telling people i was naming her after her mother, and it wasn't true. And my second Breanna Nicole, I was going to name her Breanna Jolene, or Jesephene.. but my husband wouldn't let me.. lol.. and my third, Faith Emily.. We've stuck with the first name we ever agreed on..
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 1:06 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• The only boy name I ever really considered was Zachary.

My oldest is named Aspen. I considered Tristan and Jayden.

My middle is named Chloe. I considered Olivia, but hubs said no. She was Cambria Noelle for several months until people started calling her Cami....and I hate that name. Also considered Ellie

My youngest is Layla...Considered Lilly, and Paisley
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 3:37 AM on Mar. 7, 2009