my daughters father

my daughters father and i were doing great before I got pregnant, when I told him I was preggo our relationship started going down hill and he got into drugs. The last time I saw him was a Friday, the first time he took the baby out without me, and later when he picked me up, he had coke on him, with the baby, so he took the baby on a drug run, i asked him to go to rehab or never see the baby again, now he has been in rehab for a little over a month now and the last time we talked he said he wished he cheated on me and a lot of other really hurtful things. I just got a great job offer and can make about 20k more a yr, but he wont answer my calls, emails or anything and hasnt gave me an answer. it is out of state, should i just go and not discuss it with him? i think it is best not to have a druggy in her life. Her being 15 weeks and not seeing him for over a month i think she forgot him? am i wrong for wanting to just go?

Hailees_Mommy08

Asked by Hailees_Mommy08 at 11:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• He's not worth it. Quit calling him all together.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Um.. he's into drugs, if you KNEW he was doing drugs you shouldn't have let him take your baby with him in the first place. Stop worrying about his feelings and worry about your damn kid! Your baby doesn't care if you keep him away from her, He's not around anways and shes an infant. And when she gets older it's only best for her to be away from him! If you want to see your baby get elder.. keep her away from him! It's insane that you're even confused about what to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• i have tried, its just so hard, we have been together for almost 3 years, and i love him so much...but i think that you are right...thank you!
    Hailees_Mommy08

Answer by Hailees_Mommy08 at 12:02 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Do what is best for you & your little princess.
    She is what matters most.
    It is pathetic that he would take her with him to get drugs.
    You & she deserves better.
    Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Do what you think is best for you and your baby, which is go and take the job offer. He obviously isn't trying too hard to be a part of his child's life. Go one with your life and if he wants to be a man and help raise his daughter (drug free) then let him.
    funmommy123

Answer by funmommy123 at 12:12 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Honestly I would do it. My two kids dont have a father in their life (his choice he moved out of state) they are doing great. Go for what it best for you and your baby!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• YES! GO GO GO!!! WHEN YOU GET WHERE YOU ARE GOING WRITE HIM A LETTER OUTLINING ALL YOUR FEELINGS AND WHAT YOU EXPECT FROM HIM. IT IS BETTER TO HAVE A FATHER THAT IS NON-INVOLVED I N YOUR BABY'S LIFE THAN A DRUGGIE DAD WHO IS! IT IS JUST NOT YOU ANYMORE....YOU HAVE TO TAKE YOUR INFANTS WELLFARE INTO ACCOUNT. BOTH YOU AND YOUR CHILD DESERVE BETTER! THE LIFE STYLE OF THE DRUG ADDICTED ALSO INVOLVES DRUG DEALERS AND OTHER USERS! THIS IS NOT THE ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR DAUGHTER...IT IS DOWNRIGHT DANGEROUS AND LIFE TREATNING!! GET OUT NOW WHILE YOU STILL CAN! GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US POSTED!
    sweetheartpink

Answer by sweetheartpink at 12:13 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• i know you are all right, but why am i having so much trouble doing it??? i make so many excuses in my head for him...even tho everything he whas put me through, he even made me wait to go to the hospital when i was in labor and couldnt drive, he felt the need to take a 45 minute drive when my contractions were only 2 minutes apart with a 45 minute drive ahead of us....what is wrong with me?
    Hailees_Mommy08

Answer by Hailees_Mommy08 at 12:16 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• oops, 45 minute shower that is with a 45 minute drive to the hospital...wrote it wrong in the last statement
    Hailees_Mommy08

Answer by Hailees_Mommy08 at 12:18 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Do you love this man more than your baby? The decision should be easy when you look at it like that....Do the right thing for your child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Mar. 7, 2009