When can I start taking my 2month3wk baby out?

Would it be safe to take him to a walk a thon (Texas Alliance for Life walk) with the morning temp being in the 90's and we will also have a portable fan attached to his stroller, or do you think it will be too dangerous/hot for him??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it would be fine. Dress him in a light onsie and you have the right idea with the fan. As long as you can take a break and sit in the shade for a few, I dont see a problem!
    tgiamt

Answer by tgiamt at 12:26 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I agree...make sure you have water to cool down with and plenty of fluids...whether its bottle or breast.
    teddybear112881

Answer by teddybear112881 at 12:41 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• keep gel ice packs handy just in case. lots of water and lots of shade!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I would worry about heat rashes and sunburn. We took our little one camping last weekend and ended up getting a hotel. Their little bodies can't handle that much heat yet.
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 1:39 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Just make sure you use sun screan and give lots of fluids.
    becca2715

Answer by becca2715 at 7:40 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• when my daughter was a month old she went on a plan from arizona to illinois, so there is a drastic change in weather, and she did really good.
    Angel_602

Answer by Angel_602 at 9:17 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Go out and enjoy!! Put on light clothing and bring a wash cloth just in case to wipe them down. Great idea with the fan!!
    MayMommy07

Answer by MayMommy07 at 10:34 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• sunscreen isn't recommended under 6 months because of the possibility of allergic reaction. a few days before using it, test a small spot on the back or foot to make sure that your child won't have a bad reaction. I would be really worried about sun exposure and overheating at that age too. an infant's skin is really thin and can damage/burn easily. It's best to dress your baby in long sleeves and pants to avoid sun exposure rather than just a onesie to keep them cool. They also don't regulate their body temperature all that well, so be careful about the heat. Just because you still feel OK doesn't mean that baby isn't too warm.
    sbailey

Answer by sbailey at 1:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2008