• In the Spotlight:

Does anyone know about good and bad cholesterol?

Sorry, may sound boring but I gave up beef, pork and poultry for lent and I am limited to seafood. I just realized how much cholest. fish and shrimp has but is it the bad kind? It is low in fat and calories. WTH will I eat, if I can't eat seafood?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 12:17 AM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i thought fish had the good cholesterol. i know fish oil helps with cholesterol levels but not sure which way or how..hmm you got me curious now
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 12:46 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• HDL is good LDL is bad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• have you been to kraftfoods.com? they have healthy recipes that cover most health concerns.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 12:22 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• No, I just wanted to know about the cholestorol really quick, I know about HDL and LDL but the package of shrimp doesn't secify which kind of cholesterol.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:32 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• oops specify*
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:38 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• fish is good cholesterol. and unless you are genetically predisposed to high cholesterol, you don't have much to worry about. cholesterol problems are mostly genetic. . . you're either born with cholesterol problems or you aren't. if you are, then you have to be really really careful. if you aren't. . . well you can basically eat almost anything you want (in general moderation) and not have a problem. if you're really worried and don't already know what your cholesterol levels are, i'd go see a dr. and get some tests run. it's always a good idea to know that sort of thing.
    rachelo

Answer by rachelo at 12:45 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• See, that's what I was thinking about the good and the bad. I have been eating it for days on and off and I feel fine. I have gallstones and cholesterol will make them act up. I don't have insurance so going to the Dr. for me is just when I feel like I'm gonna die. lol Thanks ladies!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:50 AM on Mar. 7, 2009