Did your mom smoke weed?

In all the many questions and conversations we've had lately about parents and smoking weed blah blah blah, we've had several people say that their dad smoked weed their whole lives and comment on how that affected them. But I've yet to see anyone say it was their mom who smoked the weed.

So did your mom smoke weed, and if so how,if at all, did that affect your relationship with her?

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 1:26 AM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My mom still does although she didnt for a long time while we were little not until we got older and out on our own and I can tell you actually its funny because it has improved my relationship with her because well she isnt such a b i t c h when she does so I dont care, honestly I dont see what the big deal is about weed
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:36 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• No my dad did though....but that was when he was a lot younger. He was a cross between a hippie and a beach bum. Once he got out of the army he quit. Later he met my mom (and then got her PG with me 2 months into dating----they're still together 23 years later!) pot just wasn't his thing! Mom still smoked cigarettes though. NEVER did they smoke MJ as parents. Its illegal. Getting arrested as a parent just wasn't worth the risk I guess. I'm thankful for that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My mom still smokes weed. ...
    My father used to. i have no idea if he still does.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:40 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Yes my did and does. It is only a vegtable, right? My MIL does too. It makes them happier
    Ducky5

Answer by Ducky5 at 1:40 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• yeah my mom used to i caught her a few times but she still denies it. and no effect on me
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 1:40 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My bioMom, yeah. That and tons more. When she was arrested for second degree murder she had stuck an eight ball up her vajayjay. Gross. Needless to say, my brother and I were taken away and were wards of the state until we were adopted.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 1:46 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• OMG sorry boizmom, I have smoked weed maybe 12 times in my life. It is here when my friends brothers come over and they always offer it to me but I get a nice buzz from my wine that I just say NO!, lol, my mom was born in 1934 and has never smoked it, lol, she thinks violent criminals are potheads and I tell her "Mom, pot makes ppl mellow, not violent"!, Drugs are all the same to her.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:54 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• everyone in my entire family does, besides my grandmother... its just weed, i dont see it is bad, they do it in there own home, behind closed doors and dont do it when the kids are home, whats wrong with that???
    Hailees_Mommy08

Answer by Hailees_Mommy08 at 2:03 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Oh. i forgot to add.
    It strengthed mine and my moms relationship. When i turned 18 she started smoking bowls with me! lol (never before i turned 18. only after). we would sit together and get stoned. tell stories and jokes. and just enjoy each other company. ...i stopped smoking about a year and a half ago. maybe two years ago. ...and although i still have a decent relationship with my mom it's not the same. ...honestly, i would go back to smoking pot if it werent for other things in my life. for me weed was not a drug. it was a stress relief, a back pain killer, and a sleeping aid.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:13 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• The only thing my mom ever smoked was "at the ears" when she was mad! LOL My daddy smoked cigarettes all my life and I'm sure he smoked some weed in his day, but Momma was a prude (actually she was a stuck-up prude) LOL.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 5:25 AM on Mar. 7, 2009