Have you or your SO ever been arrested?

If so, what were the charges?

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 1:29 AM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Embarrassingly, the answer for me and my husband is both yes :( My husband was arrested 20 minutes after we were married for driving with a suspended license. What was frustrating the most about the whole thing is that we had paid the original ticket but they hadn't worked the paperwork right so he never even knew his license was suspended.

I was arrested for DUI, however, once back at the station, they found that I was under the legal limit and dropped the charges and basically it was like the arrest never happened. But I did get handcuffed and read my rights.

Lesson learned. Getting arrested sucks and makes you feel like scum. I'll never forget that feeling.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:33 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My DH was arrested when he was still with his ex. ...she stole a purse but bc she was pregnant DH said that he was the one that stole the purse. ...
    stupid choice. ...good man.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:36 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Just because she was pregnant she decided to steal a purse? Lol.
    etiheidas

Answer by etiheidas at 1:42 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My DH got a DUI right before I met him. It was never that big of deal. He doesn't drink even a sip. But then I had him arrested for saying he was going to commit suicide. He kept waking me up in the middle of the night. Of course as he was driving off he got caught and they found weed in the truck. He has a prescription for it but it still cost $2000 for attorney fees.
    Ducky5

Answer by Ducky5 at 1:43 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My DUI got busted for a DUI and it was soo emberrasing cause I had just quit my job with the probation department and well I knew some people within the police department,
    ILoveMy2Boys619

Answer by ILoveMy2Boys619 at 1:44 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My DH and I both have been arrested. We got into a huge arguement when we were both 18 and very immature. We started hitting each other and someone called the cops. We got arrested for Domestic Violence and Disturbing the Peace. We both had to spend a night in jail but both cases were dismissed because neither one of us signed the complaint. We learned our lesson and will never go through that again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I have never been arrested but my "wonderful" cheating ex-husband would disappear all night and claimed he got arrested for non-payment of child support. Later I would find gas receipts dated and timed at the time he "claimed" he was in jail. I swear he is such an A$$hole. I was gonna post anon to not get bashed about marrying a loser but oh well. lol. I can't wait to produce all of my evidence at our child support hearing.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:46 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• just my hubby for driving under suspension
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 1:49 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My DUI got busted for a DUI

How does that work exactly!?! Lol

munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 2:13 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• you read my response wrong etiheides.
    it says that she stole a purse
    and DH decided he would say he did. He didnt want his pregnant girlfriend to go to jail.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:08 AM on Mar. 7, 2009