Castor Oil????

Ok, a friend of mine drank castor oil at 33 weeks pregnant to induce labor because she was simply tired of being pregnant! Well, the baby was in the Nicu for 2 weeks with under developed lungs because of it! How selfish of her!!!!! What do you ladies think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• thats just horrible! & i feel very bad for that child! what is she gonna do when she is just "simply tired of being a mother"?!?! the horror stories you hear of unfit mothers, its just sad...
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:40 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I totally understand being sick of pregnancy, but to have your child come into the world being not ready...when there are so many premature babies out there who's mothers would have LOVED to carry them to term....it's sad really. I hope she gets some help. And I hope the baby will be okay.
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 1:49 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Well first off, castor oil is not a sure thing. If your body is not already starting or gearing up for the labor process it's not going to do anything but give your the runs and an upset stomach. I think it was incredibly selfish and stupid to even try anything to induce labor that early in a pregnancy anyway though. But there is no way that drinking castor oil took her from nothing to early delivery on it's own.

I drank it with my frist at 39 weeks. Nothing happened except I had to do a courtesy flush. I drank it agai at 40 weeks 1 day and it helped kick in those contractions.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 2:03 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• IDK about you ladies, but I have absolutely no respect for her!!!! What kind of mother would do that to her unborn child!!!! I am disgusted!!!!
    Barb87

Answer by Barb87 at 2:39 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• What kind of mother would do that to her unborn child!!!!

Before I go old school here, can you please specifiy...are you referring to drinking the castor oil or trying to induce yourself at 33 weeks.

munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 3:28 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• 33 weeks is way to early.... That's ridiculous.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:18 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Not cool at all. I wouldnt even let my husband look at my nipples in the third trimester until 37 weeks because I didnt want to accidently induce labor before it was time! Now that I am nearly 41 weeks Im all over induction methods, my mom even called me yesterday and told me to have a quickie with my husband because it would help (just imagine the look on his face when I told him "my mom told me to...")
    But back on topic... How selfish can a person be to do that! Even if it didnt actually do anything and labor was spontaneous she still drank it with the intention of giving birth. It reminds me of a friend of mine, she is 36 weeks right now and she has been trying to get her baby out since the beginning of February... I just want to slap her silly! Yes Im anxious to see my baby too, but I waited til it was safe to start helping the process along.
    And castor oil... ew... I'd rather not go there anyway!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Mar. 7, 2009