• In the Spotlight:

36 weeks?

Would it be bad to try to get my labor going at 36 weeks??
How could i get it going?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had my son at 37 weeks & 1 day & he weighed 7lbs. 8ounces so I am sure 36 weeks is fine depending on how big you baby is & if you go into labor at 36 weeks the Drs. don't try to stop it.
    I would wait alittle but sex induces labor
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• well they said she is already almost eight 1/2 lbs... She is measuring 39 weeks... i cant take this anymore... how does sex induce it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My son was born at 36 weeks and 1 day, and he weighed 6 lbs 2 oz. He was just fine and his lungs were fully developed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• did he go naturally or did you try to get things started?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• rough sex can trigger your labor sometimes. but dot put pressure on your stomach. & then walk until you start to contract. if it doesnt start in 12 hrs max, do it again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• It could be risky. I worked in L&D several years, and I've seen 36 and 37 weekers end up on the vent because their lungs weren't fully developed yet. Weight doesn't really have a bearing on lung development. Most 36 weekers are generally fine, some may have a rough start for a little bit, but there is still a risk at that gestation for the lungs to not be fully developed. They won't stop you if you go into labor at 36 weeks, but it is still considered preterm. Hang in there momma, most if not all moms get tired of being pregnant at that point. You're probably getting a lot more rest now then you will for a while after the baby comes out. Most of the tricks to induce labor on your own won't work until you're in early labor or your body is ready. As long as you're having a healthy pregnany, let that baby cook a little longer. I completely sympathize with you though, I remember feeling miserable! Good luck and congratulations!
    MyJoieDeVivre

Answer by MyJoieDeVivre at 2:42 AM on Mar. 7, 2009