pregnancy and labor terms....

i just wanted to know what kind of terms im going to need to know so i can understand things better.... what kind of terms do they normally use? (first time mommy to be so dont really know what to expect....) Thank you :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• terms for what?
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 2:04 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Like things to expect?
    kwiseman19

• *round ligaments:these are your tummy muscles that will be stretching and they will give you sharp pains, its totally normal
    *Dialated: how much your cervix has opened
    *Effaced:how much the cervix has thinned out when youre body is getting ready for labor (this can start weeks before you go into labor so can dialation)
    *Breech:babies butt is down instead of its head, its only a concern late in the pregnancy.

and my brain just stopped working lol. Im sorry. if you can think of any terms that you dont know but have heard let me know and I can help!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:06 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• yeah. such as epotic, doppler, anything really. doctors use a wide range of medical terms and it makes me think somethings wrong. i dont really know what these terms r.... never been thrugh it.
    HolleyT

Answer by HolleyT at 2:08 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• if you had an eptopic pregnancy, you would definitely know by now. eptopic pregnancies are when the implanted egg imbeds (sp?) itself into other tissue besides the uterus wall, thats a bad thing, and you would know if you had one. doppler is a type of ultrsound. If youre ever confused about their terms just asked. my doctor learned to talk to me like i was 4 because i never knew what she was talking bout so she dumbed it down for me lol
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:12 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• fetal doppler is where they listen to the babies heart beat.
    You will get a gestational diabetes test done, I think twice in your pregnancy... which is checking to make sure you dont get this type of diabetes which only pregnant women get... You drink this sugar filled drink & wait an hour & get blood work done...

Um... braxton hick contractions are small contractions that prepare you body for the real ones... they are usually not painful.

.... um... im having a brain fart.. its after 2am here lol.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 2:14 AM on Mar. 7, 2009