Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Canadian Debt.

I have a friend that is turning 19 in July. She lives in British Columbia, Canada. Well, when she was 13, her mom took out a loan under name for 2000.

I wasn't sure what links to give her about laws and things to help her out.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (1)
  • She needs to get in contact with the collection agency or the Canadian credit bureau and have proof of her age at the time the loan was taken out and they should get that taken off her credit. She shouldn't have to pay for a dept that her mother took out by stealing your friends identity. Her mom needs to be confronted to pay for this dept.

    Answer by BooBear666 at 4:24 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.