Is it normal to feel angry because i cant get pregnant like most women? I want another child so badly and both of my fallopian tubes are blocked. As I watch people around me have four and five kids I cant seem to have two without problems. Is it normal to feel angry and jealous because I have to go through alot of tests and an invitro to conceive?

I really want this, so i am willing to do whatever it takes. Am i just feeling sorry for myself or is there reason for these feelings. I know people who have four and five children whom dont work and other people who keep having children and they keep getting taken away. It just doesnt feel fair that fertility comes so easily to these people and its not for my husband and myself.

sparks8299

Asked by sparks8299 at 2:31 AM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes, it *is* normal! Of course it is.

What would be abnormal is wanting to hurt someone else or to steal someone else's baby.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:33 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• It is totally normal! I know I had a miscarriage a few years ago and I was devastated by it. and Then i saw my best friend get pregnant, and a bunch of other people, and they all had happy healthy kids, and I couldnt help but be pissed off. These people couldnt take care of themselves letalone another human being! it is normal, dont think that youre moody or anything. People just take advantage of things that come easily to them, and you really appreciate the creation of life and thats a beautiful trait that you have!! So dont be worried about your feelings, karma will come around for you!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:35 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I feel the same way. I am a healthy 29 year old. Married a year and 1/2. We've been trying to start a family since October and I see people with children all the time and it makes me jealous or sometimes even pissed off. Sometimes I see people with 3 or 4 kids running around like animals, trashing my store and I think, why the hell are these people having kids they can't control and acting like its a circus. It makes me angry b/c 1/2 the time the kids are a hot mess and the mother looks like she just rolled out of bed. It makes me think, why? No one believes in condoms???? Then you have my husband and myself and ALOT of women on here who made sure they have a good job and insurance before they ttc only to still be trying 6 or 9 months later if not longer. It doesn't seem right. Especially b.c I see so much trash pregnant everyday, like the b*tch who came in my store the other day who looked high off her @ss and smoking ciggs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• It's very normal, and it's a hard feeling to get rid of. It took me 6 years, many invasive medical tests and procedures, and a truck-load of money to have my babies. Before I got pregnant with the twins pretty much every pregnant woman induced a rage in me to some extent; even the ones that I felt deserved children made me feel angry because it seemed so easy for them while my body was working against me. In some cases I still have those feelings, but at least now not every pregnant woman makes me feel rage - now it's just the ones that I think shouldn't be having kids that set me off. Hang in there! Try to find some ways to relax and have some fun with your husband and your child that will make you feel good about the family that you do have, and avoid those pregnant women as much as possible. It's also helpful to find a friend (even online) who is going through something similar. Good luck.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:15 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Yes it is perfectly normal. You think why am I the one to have this problem. It is extremely frustrating and disheartening. Turn yourself away from the negative feelings and concentrate instead on that the good fortune of others means that there is a chance for you to be blessed. Best of luck to you!

Answer by Bmat at 12:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• it's very normal....it took us over 11 yrs to finally get pg with our dd.....during this time we were houseparents in children's homes....so here i sat raising all these other people's children desperatelywanting one of my own and being unable to!...not to mention the hoards of pregnant women i saw everywhere i went! (you know the types i'm referring to)......you just have to finally let the bitterness go and realize that it will happen in God's timing!....also during this time we had many "false alarms" including one false positive as well as several failed adoptions!.....just hang in there

bigblueeyes

Answer by bigblueeyes at 7:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• It is absolutely normal! Im going through the same thing right now. We are probably going to have to do in vitro also. I work in a clinic and I see babys all day everyday and sometimes I am just like, why is it so easy for some people to keep having kids and its so hard for me. I just hope and pray that the first round of in vitro works! Good luck to you and lots of baby dust!
    nikkilea1978

Answer by nikkilea1978 at 10:21 PM on Mar. 7, 2009