I dont want this dog my husband brought home?

Well the kids already saw this dog! It just seems to much for me. i already have my 3 kids and a grease monkey husband.What should i do? What do I tell the kids? should i just take care of her she is pretty.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Pets

• Put her up for adoption on Craigslist....you'll find her a family that all want her.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 3:21 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Did he just find the dog or what? If the kids like her, and your husband does...give it a chance. Poor doggy! :( I'm sure you'll grow to not mind! BTW, what kind've dog is it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Well if you think you AND the family can handle a dog then go for it. Write out a chore list of who does what and when. Walking, feeding, picking up poop, training, washing...make sure all your bases are covered so that you arent the only taking care of it. If the family can't do that, then yes the doggie goes buy buy. My parents took a dog back to its owner after 1 day of pooping all over our basement. I was sad for a day or 2 but I got over it and got another dog when I was older and more responsible.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:22 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• If you do decide to keep the dog , make sure your dh knows he is the one responsible for it.walking, feeding, training ect...
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 3:22 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I think you should try to give the dog a chance =) ANd if you still have feelings that you don't want her, then you should get rid of her!
    Aidensmommy2be

Answer by Aidensmommy2be at 3:30 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My husband just bought a puppy. A boxer. She's cute, but I don't want her. I already take care of 2 kids. Now I have to clean dog crap and pee off the floor numerous times a day. Not to mention he's supposed to take care of her. If it wasn't for me, she's of starved to death already. Freakin boys. Ugh!! I don't like puppies. (I love animals, I just don't like to take care of puppies, they're not self-sufficient) I like cats. :)
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 3:30 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I think owning a pet needs to be a family decision. Can't tell you what to do because that's between you and your husband.....but, (and I do have a dog - LOVE dogs) if you are not prepared for a dog, as far as taking care of it NON-STOP, and taking it to the vet to make sure it doesn't have worms, etc., then I would not keep it. I don't think that any pet should be brought into a home where it hasn't been fully agreed upon and well thought out...but that's just me! Good luck and I hope you guys figure out what's best for all of you.
    Raegy

Answer by Raegy at 3:51 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• *sigh* No matter what you end up doing, PLEASE do not ever ever ever put a dog up on Craigslist. This is dangerous stuff. I can't stress that enough. Best of luck in whatever you decide to do--just don't do THAT!
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 10:10 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• "*sigh* No matter what you end up doing, PLEASE do not ever ever ever put a dog up on Craigslist. This is dangerous stuff. I can't stress that enough. Best of luck in whatever you decide to do--just don't do THAT!"

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. It depends on the situation. If you just hand the dog off to anyone who responds, then of course it can be sketchy. We had to put a dog we rescued on there, because it just wasn't working out. A guy who lived on our same military post came to get him, because he had one of the same breed at his house. He's fine now.
    MommyAmazon

Answer by MommyAmazon at 11:49 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I'm sure there are a few "everything worked out great" stories, but trust me...I work in animal welfare and I see the mostly sad and sometimes DISGUSTING repercussions of listing a pet on Craigslist. Trust someone who knows what they're talking about--just don't do it. If you MUST re-home a pet, try Petfinder.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 12:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2009