Almost 3 year old daughter hitting other girls

When my daughter does not get her way she resorts to hitting instead of using her words. What forms of discipline can I resort to instead of Time Outs? I've used time outs for 1 week and she still hits later in the day. Is this just a phase that she'll grow out of?

Please, any advice from moms that have dealt with this situation would be greatly appreciated.

shughes36

Asked by shughes36 at 6:02 AM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i wish i had an answer.but atleast ur not alone.time out doesnt work for me and i have a 3 yr old in may.i asked that question in a group im in n they said just keep putttin her in time out tho it takes a hr everytime..i dont have an hr to spare.i have a 4 mo old to tend to also...good luck and update me wen u hear good adivce please!
    mamacita4two

Answer by mamacita4two at 10:31 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I will a longer time out next time. I'm not sure if I could do 1 hour but maybe 15 minutes. I'll keep you posted once I find an answer. Thanks for your response.
    shughes36

Answer by shughes36 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I would suggest a time-out no longer than her age, and when she is in the time-out sit there with her and explain to her several times that she is in the time-out because of hitting. you can also take away a certain toy or priviledge, like if she trying to take a toy from another child and then hit, put that toy in a time-out and show her and tell her why it's in time-out, or if she's in the middle of a book or her favorite show then turn it off or put it away and tell her why. if i think of another tip i'll answer again, but good luck!
    DreaKevAiyana

Answer by DreaKevAiyana at 10:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2009