We have 9 weeks old lil puppy she pees on her pads but will not poop on them.. she gets scared and will not go potty outside yet.. how can i get her to poop trained?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 7:17 AM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Pets

• My opinion... those pads shouldnt be used for potty training. I think it confuses your dog. Do i go potty in the house or outside the house. I would start taking your puppy outside every 15 mintues. afraid or not she will get used to it. When she poos or pee give a small treat and praise and she will come to realize that outside is good and going to the bathroom outside is good. Also while your out there play with her..bring a toy and play. Be patient and remember Be Consistent!!!
    itsokmomshere

Answer by itsokmomshere at 11:05 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• whenever she poops anywhere else but on the pad, go over and pick up her poop and put it on the pad. Then bring her over to the pad to sniff it?? Just an idea? Thats what I did for my puppy whenever he would go poop inside my house, I would bring it outside along with him, so he could smell it... and know where to go..
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:09 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I wouldn't use the pads. I think that teaches them to go potty on any paper or towels on the floor. When we got our puppy he wouldn't go outside by himself. We got him in the fall, so it was getting cold. I would take him out, LOTS during the day. I'd have to sit out there with him. It didn't take him long , about a week after we got him, he wasn't having mistakes inside. We also crate trained him. Well, I say he potty trained himself. You have to make sure a puppy stays with you all day, and watch for signs. Get him outside before he fully knows he's gotta go. Once he gets used to going outside, he should be good. Also, when you are about to take him outside, ask him if he's got to go potty. They get used to the sounds of you asking, and recognize it. Then they kinda answer you.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2009