would it be wrong if...

hypothetically I was thinking that if I ever HAD to give my kids up for adoption that I would prefer that they went to grow up with a stable gay or lesbian couple. I think it might be the best chance to have my children raised in my style to be open minded, loving, caring, non-judgmental people. My fiance is cool with the idea, what are your OPEN MINDED thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would have no issue with it if they were in a legally committed relationship (same criteria I'd have for straight). Of course, in most states, it's not possible for them to be in suhc a relationship but that's not their fault. But clearly I know more liberals than I could shake a stick at, so open-mindedness would not be an issue.... the real issue would be keeping all 3 kids together and loving them.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 9:24 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• hmmm idk if id like only look at gay and lebian but i wouldnt be against it tho i just dont see why people make a big deal about gay marriage and gay parents... people should just mind thier own biusnesses. i think they are just as good parents as any of us and as u said theyd deff have an open minded lifestyle
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 9:00 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Sounds fine to me!
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 9:38 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• sounds like you are trying to stir it up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• why not?? My sister said the same thing about her daughter.. she wants to raise her as a lesbian. I think it all has to do with your family situation, how you were treated in past relationships, etc.. my sister does it becaues she doesn't want her daughter to be treated by men the way that she was.
    I understand it. I don't really agree.. but I understand it.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:30 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I think I would look at all applicants, and choose the one's who I think fit best. Gay, straight, black, white, single, married, non of that matters. What matters is how they will treat my children, and if they can offer them intellectual freedom.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:34 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• my2.5boys,I could'nt have said it better myself.who cares their orientation,my childs happiness,and well being is the most inportant thing.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 11:02 AM on Mar. 7, 2009