Wedding Gift?

I was invited to a wedding on Fri March 13th but I am not attending. I am however going to send a gift. The bride and groom are not registered anywhere because they bought a house and moved in together a year before the wedding. I have no idea what would be a good wedding gift. Do you have any suggestions on what I could get them?

Thanks in advance.

KiLora_Gifts

Asked by KiLora_Gifts at 8:56 AM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• A gift certificate or cash. That way they can buy what they need or use it on their honeymoon.
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 9:02 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Any sort of housewarming gift....like a nice "Welcome" plaque for their front door/walkway, an engraved frame for their wedding picture, garden decor or accessories, entertaining sets (silverware) or serving pieces (fancy cake stands, glassware, platters, etc.), or a gift card to Bed , Bath and Beyond, Home Depot/Lowes!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:09 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I think the idea of sending a Home Depot/ Lowes gift certificate is a great idea. There are always unexpected expenses and having a gift card to use is a great idea.
    Also, sending cash would be fine too. They can use it where ever they choose.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 9:23 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Gift card or write them a check.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I have this standing gift I give to folks for a house warming or wedding present. I give fire extinguishers. I can't even remember where I got the idea years ago but it made sense. It's something that will protect them and they will certainly appreciate if ever needed. It shows you care about them and unless one is a firefighter they probably wouldn't think of it themselves. I get one for the kitchen and each bedroom. You might think it's silly but I like it and so far (in 20 yrs of doing it) no one's been offended by it.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:11 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• admckenzie, that is the coolest idea I've heard of in a long time.

I usually do the certificate thing like others have suggested, but if they're good friends and you know something about their hobbies or interests then you can play off of that, like a friend of mine and her fiance were big into fishing, so a huge tacklebox filled with what they needed for their next fishing trip went over really well. Other than that, I really like admckenzie's idea.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 10:49 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Go to www.personalcreations.com they have the COOLEST gift ideas for great, reasonable prices. Plus they can ship it direct to the couple.
    liltymesmom

Answer by liltymesmom at 1:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Money... if u don't know what to get, money is always best. Let them decide what to get themselves
    NYCMom2DD

Answer by NYCMom2DD at 3:34 PM on Mar. 7, 2009