would you sell your eggs or let your SO sell his sperm for money?

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 9:03 AM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would! in a heart beat. it wouldnt bother me any. I've got plenty of eggs to sell so if a less lucky individual would like to use some i'd be happy to let her. And i hope that my husband would feel the same way about his sperm.

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• That depends how much money. :)

Answer by hannahwill at 9:25 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• No. Well, my husband couldn't donate his sperm because he's got a genetic kidney disease, but i'd never sell my eggs.

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:29 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• no way. i dont want anyone having our babies but us.

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 9:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• sure why . At this point they are just eggs not babies. I don't think they would want my eggs though I am too old to sell them. But hey if they wanted 44 y.o. eggs I would see them in a heart beat

Answer by justgrape723 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Absolutely NOT. Our DNA is not for sale!

Answer by PamJM at 10:42 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• i odnt see why not if i really needed the money i would. mainly becuase i waste how many eggs a year. my kids are 4 years apart. so i wasted 48 eggs that someone could use to have a child that they could never have for something like a congential problem with their reproductive system like imcpomtent cervix damage to their fallopian tubes, damage to the vas defrens in a man, removed prostate or testicles becuase of cancer, severe cysts or fibroids. i don't see anything wrong with it. we have women who's mother's took a drug to keep them from miscarrying and not doing the long term damage it would have. the damage showed up in the children that they were taking the drug for

Answer by ssnelson26 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• NOPE!

Answer by mominbolt at 11:14 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I seriously considered the idea for a while. Then I was reading testimonials on a website for a place that does it, and the woman was saying how she didn't feel pressure now to have kids b/c somewhere out there she had kids walking around. It really hit me then that this isn't like donating blood, but that I would have other children out there somewhere. I just couldn't get past that thought, so now, I wouldn't do it.

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:19 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• No way.. Then i'd have a kid running around and not even know about it. Who even knows that they'd be treated right.. And what if it turned out that because I did that.. i can't have anymore kids. or because of any other health problem.. Nope.. these eggs are mine baby!

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 11:38 AM on Mar. 7, 2009