How do you adjust a baby to daylight savings?

With having to turn the clocks back tonight I am a nervous wreck. I am not sure how to get my 9 month old to adjust without waking at 5Am! What do you guys do to prepare?

Scoobersmom

Asked by Scoobersmom at 9:52 AM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 2 1/2 and I just let him adjust naturally like we do. He will wake up early for some time, but I try to stick with our normal bedtime and not adjust it then eventually he wakes up a little later and a little later to get in those Z's and with time everything goes back to normal. It's a pain though, of course, but not much else I can do, lol, it's a pain for me too!
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 9:56 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• lol I don't think there's much you can do except to try to re-set his bedtime. My daughter will sleep 10 hours consistently through the night so if I want her up early I put her to bed early, same if I want her to get up later I'll keep her up a bit past her normal bedtime. We're on a flexible routine tho, if you are strict with it it may take some time to adjust, but he shouldn't be waking up early for more than a couple of days
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• actually you are setting your clocks forward so it shouldn't do much of anything
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:11 AM on Mar. 7, 2009