I am going to fly and i wanted to know how can i make my 11 month old feel ok what could i do

he is very active he is always on the move.

MommyTessier

Asked by MommyTessier at 10:00 AM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Travel

• We flew with my son at 5 months and I held him in my arms and he slept pretty much the whole time. Didn't phase him at all. The second time we flew he was not quite 2 1/2 and since we already had to purchase a seat for him we brought his carseat along and he rode in it. Didn't phase him at all, he was just fine with the idea of flying and held my hand as we took off and landed, lol, I am not a fan, though I didn't mention it to the little guy, of course.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 10:11 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I give my kids benedryl before take off. Before some of you freak, it is what the pediatrician said to do. Benedryl is also prescribed as an otc sedative.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 10:02 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Have a bottle ready for take off. The sucking helps them with their ears (If he uses a binky that would be ok too). My DS and DD both did wonderful flying when they were little. They sat in my lap and we just cuddled the whole time on the plane.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:10 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I've only traveled far in the car with my son but I took a travel dvd player with his favorite movies, books, travel games, coloring books, favorite toys, activities and snacks. its better to go at night so maybe they will sleep most of the time too. hope this helps.

charrenee

Answer by charrenee at 10:12 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Please do not listen to the person who said give your child benadryl. There is no need to medicate you child. Just have your child take drinks while taking off and landing. That will help his ears. My son is very active too. His first time on a plane he was about 11 months too so I packed some new toys and coloring books but we didn't end up needing any of it because he was so amazed at what he could see out the window. Good luck and have a good time on your trip.

Anonymous

• my pedi suggested benadryl. i wish i would have, flew with my son at age of 2, was horrible! i was yelled at, then people yelled at the man yelling at me, bring it just in case! it also helps with motion sickness.  also all the other kids on the flight had personal dvd players.  even if you can load a movie/show onto your ipod i would higly suggest that.  my son was amazed to look out the window too but for a half of an hour, then how many clouds can you look down on before that gets old... hope it goes well, you cant overpack and dont 4get snacks, the airplane food isnt enough and that will keep them still as well, just limit sugary stuff..

AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• There is another ques similar to this just a few posts down in travel..It has a lot of really good replies so check it out also.
    I would say to ask your doctor for his advice and maybe even a friend you have that has traveled with their babies. I took my 4 week old son on a plane when we moved and the dr suggested the bottle also to help his ears adjust. Also the plane has certain rows that will give you more room so you might ask them also. I wish you and your family a safe and pleasant trip!
    Gapeach001

Answer by Gapeach001 at 11:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2009