Where can I find more information on how to open a Copy and Fax Service Business?

I live in Somerset KY, I am from Hispanic background, here in Somerset there are many hispanics that do not speak English but need these type of services(copy, fax, money transfers etc) so my idea is to have my own establishment where I can offer these services and where they can feel comfortably going to( because we speak spanish)

Now, do you think that might be a good idea? and where can I find more info. including where to go for biz license, permits and such.
Oh, and anyone has an idea where should I start? Should I get the permits or should I get the establishment first. And how much money would you say I need to start?

Thank you.

coolmom20

Asked by coolmom20 at 10:00 AM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• I don't know the answer to ur questions but I would go to any type of store/business owner near you and ask how they got started...and ask their advice... and also call to other businesses like that one doesn't have to be in ur town...just to get an idea then u can contact ur local ppl to get started..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Call your local state representative. There job is to help small business owners and minority business owners succeed. I talk to mine all the time, and she is really helpful. My state rep is Debbie Boyd,,,but I live in Florida. If you don't know your state rep, go to your state website (like mine is myflorida.com). Hope this helps,,and good luck!
    ketha04

Answer by ketha04 at 4:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2009