Is deppression normal during pregnancy? My friend has days when she is really really down. HELP?

-

RFCNM

Asked by RFCNM at 10:20 AM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was really depressed when i was prego but i went thru alot. graduating high school, loosing my dreams of a really good university, moving in with my bf and all the stresses of that, plus all the hormones. just be there for her. i had no friends and it was sooo hard.
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 10:23 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I think it is,especially if it is her first,it is a big thing,a life changing experience.Your mind just races with thoughts,like will I be a good mom?,will the baby be healthy?will I be able to give him/her what they need.So just continuing being a good friend to her,and she will get through,support is what she needs,she is lucky to have you.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:24 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Thanks (: All the best for you's (: xxx
    RFCNM

Answer by RFCNM at 10:26 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Depends how bad it is. For me, during my 4th pregnancy, I developed full-blown clinical depression that needed treatment (Prozac). I have had depression ever since. So it really depends on her degree of symptoms. I think she should discuss it with her Dr.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 10:47 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• yeppers! you're horomones are going absolutely fool right now so yeppers. i had it bad with my 2nd baby
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 7, 2009