Do you know someone with...

a pet or animal you just can't stand? What is it, and why can't you stand it?

MIL's got a freakin' worthless pomeranian. Hunk of junk, I HATE that dog! I've never hated an animal more in my life! Teddy is his name. Well, Theodore Malcom actually, but he goes by Tederator, and most annoyingly and most often, Tedward. And he doesn't really WAG his tail, it more or less rocks back and forth curled over his back, just enough to make that nasty plume of hair he's got flop up and down. His hair is everywhere! And he BARKS at everything!

He gets poop stuck to the hairs on his butt and back of his legs, so they have to keep his butt shaved... that dog's as high maintenance as my MIL herself! Disgusting. Ugh.

matobe

Asked by matobe at 10:21 AM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Pets

• Ohhhh yuck poop stuck in his butt hair.......

Watch out you may have a PETA supporter bash you on here....

But not me! I got a cat for Christmas (it was a surprize) and we already found another NICE home for her. She would track poo all over the place NASTY!!! Even when the litter box was clean as it could be. She wouldnt leave you alone. Always wanting to sit right on your face. Then she learned how to open the garbage can and drag out garbage!!! That was the last straw.

I just felt like my house was nasty with her in it. And I am a HUGE cat lover!
    We have a wonderful doggie though. Lizzy lou. She is a chihuahua!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• We had a kitten that peed in everyone's bed except for my middle kiddo's bed. The kitten was for him. Though she did pee on some of his books. I didn't hate her, but I did. We took her to the shelter, and I cried. But I just couldn't have a cat that peed in everyone's bed!
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Sounds to me like it isn't your problem. If your MIL loves the dog and takes care of him then it's one less dog in a shelter somewhere waiting for his death sentence. I am a huge animal lover and we have a cat that sounds just like the other poster, loves attention and will try to sleep on our pillow. Well we have broke him of that :) Just takes some patience and dedication. He is also mainecoon and has longish hair and sometimes if he eats something that doesn't agree I have to wash him. Not much fun but I am not going to get rid of him for it. I don't get rid of my kids just because they have accidents or make messes.
    Anonymous

• My mother in law had a stupid, spoiled rotten, vicious chihuahua when my son was born. When the baby was 5 weeks old I went to visit, and he was in his carrier on their kitchen table. The damn dog jumped up there and BIT MY SON'S FACE! I think every mama on here can appreciate that I was somewhere between hysterical and murderous. After rushing to the emergency room, and determining that my son wasn't injured, scarred, or even hurt, (he just had a couple of scrtaches and they bled, so I thought it was really bad) my husband finally persuaded me not to file formal charges against her with the police, but I never went to my MIL house again. In fact I didn't visit her after that till she moved into a retirement center.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 6:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• OMG YES. My brother has a 3 yr old dog. She's a Blue Heeler/Coon Hound mix. She is SOOOOOO hyper. She jumps on people and she demands attention. I can't stand her. I have never disliked a dog so bad in my entire life.
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 6:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Thanks ANON. In response, it sounds to me that you don't know the whole story as to why he acts that way. He doesn't get fed or watered and is left outside all day if it weren't for DH or I being there relatively often to do it for her. He's the fluffy little yard ornament, and the American Idol watching companion... then he goes right back outside. I think being in a shelter and having the chance at a different life would benefit Tedward. He's a freaking moron, and they always complain to DH and I that they wish they had dogs like ours that minded and behaved... even though they don't spend time with him or know how to handle a dog... they don't deserve pets.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:18 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• My SIL has a 1 1/2 year old chocolate lab I don't like near me. She's well taken care of, pretty, and doesn't poop on anything... but she needs WAAAAY too much attention. Especially because they just brought home another, smaller dog and the lab is jealous. If you so much as look her in the face, she thinks you want to play with her. She tries to sit on your lap (she weighs 75 pounds!) and ends up clawing the crap out of you. My big problem is she likes to jump on someone when they first come in, and she puts her front paws right on my stomach... there's a baby in there! When I push her away she thinks I'm playing and it gets worse. She's not a bad dog, per se, I just don't want her slamming into my uterus!
    Anonymous

• the person is anon but if a dog jumps up on you if she wore a short leash at least you could step on it and keep her down I have a few too that people don't train eventhough right now anonymous dogs are bugging me do too the fact that we have tiny livstock that the strays think is ok to chase and amybe kill ugh never ends the stress
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I know someone that has a pomeranian. It has the shrillist bark I have ever heard and goes right thru me. I hate that. And, one time my mother had a chihuhua that was an ankle biter. Turned me off from little dogs.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 10:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• My friends have this awful ugly ass little dog named Buddy. Every time i go to their house buddy chews my shoes (while I am wearing them) gets up in my face and growls when I put him on the floor and is just a generally stinky annoying ugly little shit. One time, he was chewing my shoe, getting my foot all drooly and nasty and I kicked him away (not hard I SWEAR!), you should have heard that stupid little thing yelp like I had kicked it through a window or something. Then in come my friends swooping in to rescue their precious little monster baby! Holy crap people, get a hold on your dog!
    Anonymous