mirena hurting the guy?

ok i want mirena or any iud bad but my husband hear that it hurts the guy... my best friend got it and it cut her husband. has this happend to anyone? do you like it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Health

• Well the Mirena is a soft flexible implanted device. I have never had a problem with it cutting my husband, nor have I heard of that. I happen to love mine. If you would like more personal info about it, please feel free to PM me.
    medicmomof2

Answer by medicmomof2 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Look into the way Mirena works as a birth control as well. It's not like the pill, which prevents ovulation which prevents pregnancy. It's an abortive form of birth control. It discharges the eggs from your body - fertilized or not. So it can terminate pregnancy, which the pill will not do if you happen to get pregnant. Talk to your OB about it. I was interested until I talked to mine and found all this out, then I was just disgusted. Obvisously the happy go lucky commercials do not advertise this information.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I have never had an issue with my Mirena, my husband has never felt it either.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 2:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Why would your husband feel it? It's planed inside the Uterus. You may want to visit the GYN and make sure it's not dropping out.
    peppy58

Answer by peppy58 at 3:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2009