Why am I always so tired?

I've struggled with this my whole life. But lately, It's gotten worse. I've been really.. really depressed from some things that have happened to my family. But I can't even be up 3 hours without wanting to go back to bed. No, needing to go back. My eyes get blurry and painful, and I just can't stay awake. I'm really pale, maybe I'm sick.. I don't feel sick. I need to figure out whats wrong, I have three kids to take care of. I wish I could just snap out of this. Any advice? Please don't say counseling...

MJ_BN_FE

Asked by MJ_BN_FE at 11:28 AM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Health

• I wouldn't say counseling, I would schedule a check-up with your primary care physician. There could be some hormonal imbalances going on. I be it is very difficult for you to get through your days. It could be nothing or it could be something but it would be best to have it checked out, exhaustion is a symptom to many different illnesses. Good luck with everything and keep us updated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• without counseling I say antidepressents. I am on zoloft right now. I was depressed and couldnt get out of bed. I feared talking to my doctor do to worry that they would all think I was crazy and take my kids away. Negative thaughts will start to consume you if you dont get care. So my answer would be talk to a doctor and desribe how you are feeling. It takes a good 3 days on antidepressents to feel your old self again. They saved my life.
    leeleesboys

Answer by leeleesboys at 11:42 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• WELL I WAS LOOKING AT THIS PROGRAM ON TV ABOUT COLON DETOX AND THE DR. {I FORGOT HIS NAME} WAS EXPLAINING THAT MOST OF THE TIME WHEN PEOPLE FEEL TIRED ITS BECAUSE OF ALOT OF TOXINS IN THEIR BODIES...{FAST FOOD, POLLUTION, BACKED UP YEARS OF WASTE} ...GET ALL THAT CLEAN OUT WITH SOME TYPE OF COLON CLEANSER AND KNOW THAT BEAUTIFUL WEATHER IS ON THE WAY...
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 12:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Get checked for anemia too.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 12:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I agree with halfpint. This happens to me when my iron is low. Get checked out and see if anemia is the culprit
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 12:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• i do the same thing alot. for me its deppression, but i also dont want counseling. what helps me is to take time for myself. like a walk with headphones, or a good book, or go see a movie. try not to forget yourself when dealing with 3 kids and all the other responsibilities you have. i know its hard, but practice, and dont feel guilty about needing alone time!
    MommaGoose2

Answer by MommaGoose2 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I've tried anti-depressants.. they make me more tired, shakey, paranoid, anxious, and worried all at the same time. I've tried two different kinds, and I just stopped taking them without consulting my doctor because i hated them so bad. I refuse to take them again. I would rather be sad than be neutrel with all those side affects. Anemia is what people keep mentioning to me, but I've been tested for it before during times like this and my iron was perfect. So I'm thinking its not anemia. Plus, I've done a colon clense, lol. I'd love to take time for myself, but that just isn't going to happen. I have nobody that is willing to watch the kids for me just so I can take a break. But when my daughter gets better from being ill I can start taking her on a walk with my while my other two are staying with their grandma (she has their father's every other weekend visit). But I've tried this all before. I just come home and crash.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 8:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• And to leeleesboys, that is the reason I do not want to go to a counseler. well, one of the reasons. The biggest one, I fear if they knew just how sad I am and how I can not deal with the stress of what has happened to my family that they will snatch my kids up in a minute. We already have a woman from DCFS being bitch saying she feels we're neglectful because due to misscommunication between me and my husband, we missed a follow up doctors appointment for our five year old. So i took her to the ER after finding out the appointment was missed. I just can't even smile. If people feel I'm a bad mom, and since something bad happened to my daughter... I'm a failure. Being a mom used to mean everything to me, but now apparently I'm just a bad mom...
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 8:37 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Have you had your thyroid checked? Symptoms of hypothyroidism can be depression, lack of energy, anxiety, brain fog, etc. I know you see "get your thyroid checked" as the answer all, but my psychiatrist was actually the one who found out I had hypothyroidism when I went to get seen for my anxiety/depression.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2009