New foods

My 8 month old is starting to try new foods like the desserts from gerber and some finger foods. My question is how long do you give the same food before trying a new one? I know when she first tried solids it was 3 days but do i still have to wait that long?

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 11:44 AM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Same deal. Three days.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:49 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My dd's doc said wait three days
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My youngest is 2 years and if I'm giving him a new food, I still give it three days in a row to test him unless there's a reaction right off the bat.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Well I was told that if you've already gone thru all the 1st foods and your little one has done well and if you and your SO do not have any food allergies then you don't need to wait anymore. This is what my pedi told me. My son has been doing this for 3 weeks now and is doing amazing.
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 7, 2009