How do I convert solid ounces into cups????

I need 6 oz of chocolate, but I do not know how much that is in cups, It's not like I have a little food scale.... Can someone either give me the formula on how to convert, or just tell me with 100% certainty how much that is in a measurement I can work with???? Thanks!

Destiny13

Asked by Destiny13 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• http://www.calculateme.com/Volume/Ounces/ToCups.htm
    Here's link for you for later use. Just book mark it. Have a good day!
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 12:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• 6 oz = 3/4 of a cup this is the exact measurement
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 11:57 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Thanks!
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Thank you!
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 12:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Just curious ~ don't you buy a block of chocolate to bake/cook with? And doesn't that usually have a weight on it, like a 12 oz block? How would you measure a cup, by shaving the chocolate into the cup? Just curious.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 7:50 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

No I had some mini chocolate chips left over from a fudge recipe, so I used them. The bad was opened, so I couldn't eyeball it fraction wise, so I was lost...
    I knew it would be easier to buy a bar, but I didn't want to waste them, as I don't bake much at all, and we try to keep sweets to a minimum here.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 3:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2009