• In the Spotlight:

FlyLady.com? Anyone familiar with this?

I think this group is to help you get control of all the thinks going on in your life . Has any heard of it? Can you explain it to me better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Yup. My hubby found it years ago, and printed a BOOK out. It does help, I just never got into it. What I did read had you doing things like getting totally ready for the day, just like if you work out of the home. So that you feel ready to 'work' at home. And I remember reading that you should always clean your sink, then use a wax to make it shine. It was a lot of stuff, I guess that's why I couldn't get into it. Just google it, I did the other week to mention it on a post.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 6:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Well, it basically gives you a schedule when to do things and trys to inspire you to get on and stay on track. I didn't like it and the biggest problem was that I was BOMBARDED with email constantly! It took me FOREVER to get them filtered out of my email because they use so many different addresses.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 12:40 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I've been on Flylady for about 5 years. The website is overwhelming at first--there is a lot of information on there. But it is a system for bringing control to your life and home. You start with keeping a "shiny sink", work on decluttering in one "zone" (room) 15 minutes a day, etc. It's free advice, you don't have to buy anything unless you want her books, tools, etc. I have found it extremely helpful and recommend it to anyone who feels stressed out by housecleaning and organization.
    sariejack

Answer by sariejack at 12:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2009