i an having stomach pains around my bellybutton area, some are sharp and some are cramp like but mostly sharp pains, i am not bleeding, i really dont want to bother my drs office on a saturday unless i have to, i think its just from the flu but i want advice.. can the flu cause this or could be another problem.. I am about 8 weeks pregnant

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Would you describe the pain as severe? Does it stop you in your tracks, take your breath away, make you double over, etc? If so, head to the ER. Or if you start to bleed heavily, head to the ER. Otherwise, I would just wait it out and assume it's a bug, unless you start to spot or bleed. If that happens in addition to the pain, then I would call the doctor.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 12:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• In agreement with BlueFrog
    Catrin2009

Answer by Catrin2009 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• no its not that bluefrog just annoying... thank you
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• i remember this pain.... its your uterus at the top stretching........ big time!!! making room for baby... and they continue til about 12 weeks, and then slowly decrease and time wise... it starts to spread out... i started stretching and do a bit of yoga to get my muscles stretched out.. but if it gets worse.. i agree with the previous moms... go to the doctors... they would rather you bother them for a little something vs something severe that they should have seen your earlier..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:21 PM on Mar. 7, 2009