Does your 3 month old fight his or her sleep

and does he or she seem more fusssy, or is it just my baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, I did go through this period with my daughter. She was tired and fussy but would NOT take a nap!! It was really frustrating! I guess just try to distract your kid when they are fussy by walking around, going outside, just to change the scenery. Babies get bored, too :) My daughter sleeps just fine six months later so maybe it's just a phase.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My son has always been a fighter... I think he's afraid he might miss out on something. He's 7 months now and it's still a battle to get him to take a nap
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• all babies fight sleep to an extent. You just have to take the time to figure out what they need from you in order to fall asleep w/o a huge ordeal. We follow most of our bedtime routine when going down for a nap. Dark room and her lullabies playing in the background. Try some new things and find out what works.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Thank you ladie, I feel so much better now, It took me a minute to figure out that she's not sick or nothing hurts her, I felt so bad for her and yes it is so frustrating for both my husband and I because you feel like your a bad parent because you don't know whats wrong. I now no she's fighting her sleep and we do bath time to relax her, she LOVES it and get dressed and comfortable and we make her a fresh bottle and start trying to get her to unwind and fall asleep sometimes it works and sometimes it doen't. I hope it is a stage that she grows out of soon. lol

sleep 

Anonymous