eating to much at 2 months?

my son is turning two month tomorrow. when he eats he usually eat a 6oz but in the last 48 hours or so hes been eating a full 8oz like nothing. I told a friend about i tand she was saying her 5 month old eats 7oz and that her doc said its too mucvh for him. I was also told you cant over feed babies. I was also told to stsrt putting cerial inhis bottles.( non of this from doctors.... so what do you moms think?
ps this is our first child

Angel_care

Asked by Angel_care at 1:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no cereal...probably just a growth spurt which usually occurs around 3mos. Feed on demand.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:06 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I don't know, I think every baby is different. My daughter hasn't eaten more than 4oz at a time ever, she's 9 1/2 months. Just like adults have different appetites, so do babies. Ask your ped and see what they say.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• He probably is having a growth spurt. My son had a massive growth spurt between his 2nd and 3 month.... gained 4 lbs and 3 inches!!!!
    If he wants it then feed it to him.
    You CAN overfeed a bottle fed baby... but as long as you are trying to make him eat the rest of his bottle when he shows signs of being finished, I wouldn't worry about it. You might want to just try smaller more frequent bottles.
    Don't put cereal in his bottle. He's not old enough and it doesn't help anyway.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• no cereal in a bottle, that is if they are underweight... and need a little more.. and actually you can over feed a baby, but its a super super rare thing... when our son was 2 months old, we were still nursing, but at 4 months he was on a bottle.. but i have a feeding chart from similac.... now, this is a ball park for a 2 month old not what it should be.
    2-3 months old 5-6 feedings 5-6 ounces per feeding and 25-36 ounces per day..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:27 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• i also have a feeding chart as well he is just on th ehigher end of the chart but still in the right range f rhis age.. hes always been in the higher end of the charts
    Angel_care

Answer by Angel_care at 1:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I would venture to say that he is going through growth spurt. He will probably sleep more and eat less in a few days to a week. Just be patient. Never add cereal to his bottle unless recommended by the pedi. Babies know when their tummies are full. Feed him on demand and until he is satisfied. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:40 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• No cereal. Babies should be fed on demand and it's possible that your baby is having their 3 month growth spurt already.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2009