Toddler Bed?

My daughter is almost a year old and she will NOT sleep in her crib! She will almost sleep through the night in MY bed but no matter what "tricks" I try she won't stay asleep for more than 2 hours in her crib. So my hubby and I are wondering if maybe it's time for a toddler bed? Where we can kind of lay down with her in HER bed and help her get to sleep? Or is it still way too early? Any suggestions?

brighteyesbryar

Asked by brighteyesbryar at 1:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i think try giving her regular bed then and see if she sleeps in that. if not, then my best bet would be to keep her up til she looks extremely tired and then put her to bed in her bed (whether its a crib or a toddler bed). i think giving her her own bed and just lay there with her til she falls asleep is better though. i would also put a stuffed animal in with her so that no matter what she can cuddle with something other than mommy and daddy. if nothing works then idk what else to tell you other than i think you tried to wean her off your bed a little too late. I've always weaned my kids off my bed after they turned 5 months. that way it wouldnt be hard for me at all to put them into their own room. I hope this helps
    mom4life86

Answer by mom4life86 at 3:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• well we tried that and she will not sleep in her toddler bed either. i think it is the crib matteress she doesnt like. so we are actuall talking about gettting her a regular bed. she is sixteen months and sleeping with us cuz she iwll not sleep in her bed.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I'm in the same boat. My son is 13months only sleeps with us. We went to babies r us the other day and they had a Cars display toddler bed on the floor. Ok, my son got up in and layed down and smiled at us lol. So...we are gonna try it if he doesnt do it we take it back or store it till he IS ready. No biggy.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• the same with us. my daughter refused, flat out, to sleep in her crib, so she slept with us in our bed until we could move into a larger house. Now she has her own rromand her own bed, and she's been in her own bed since we moved. she still has problems at night...so does my 2 year old, and by 5:30am they are both in the bed snuggling with us, but for the most part they both stay in their beds.
    sarahV08

Answer by sarahV08 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My dd is in a toddler bed now, and she didnt like her crib mattres so, ever since she was younger we put another blanket under the fitted sheet on top of the mattres to make it softer and a little more comfy..She loved it! and made getting her to lay on it much easier.
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2009