What to do...

I've been with my bf for 2 years. Lately things have been getting distant. He has been going out everynight at the same time and coming home an hour or so later. He won't tell me where he goes or what he does. He always has the mail with him but I know that it doesn't take an hour to goto the mailbox. on top of that he has been too busy to spend much time with me on the weekends. Now we live together and it just feels like we've been growing apart. Im not the type of person to get suspicious, but it has been going on for 4 months now. Im seriously ready to leave him and forget the relationship. Now i do realize that we both have stuff to do on the weekends but i don't get why we can't do something together. I ask him how he feels and he thinks everything is just fine because i cook and clean and "take care" of him but he doesn't take care of me emotionally. any suggestions

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Listen to your instincts. If he's not nurturing now when you're not married, imagine what it will be like if you married him?  Feeling emotionally deprived is a huge marriage problem.  He's already decided that your feeling don't matter.  Keep your options open and don't settle for someone that takes you for granted.  Go see what other men  have to offer.  I'm telling you this cuz I don't want you to end up i'm where I"m at..on the verge of divorce..you're lucky you can walk away with no strings attached..maybe a bruised heart and pride..but you won't have a broken marriage and kids to think about.  I saw all th same signs but I was dumb to stay cuz I thought it would getter better...not! It only got worse.

Anonymous

• Find out what is going on, and if it's what you think, leave him.
    Anonymous

• sounds like hes cheating on you, sorry but it does
    Anonymous

• hes deifnltly cheating, follow him one day
    Anonymous

• Sounds like a self absorbed ass. Let him find this post.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• He sounds like an asshole my boyfriend is a big asshole but not even near this bad i actually feel lucky for once!! My boyfriend tries to do the whole not telling me where he was thing cause he hates having to answer to anyone but I always make him tell me!! I would not stand for someone who went out everynite and wouldnt tell you where he was thats complete bullshit!! I would tell him things are gonna change or your leaving and if it doesnt change then get the heck outta there!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• If he is only gone an hour or so, it doesn't sound much like cheating to me. Maybe getting a drink or a smoke. But regardless you are unhappy, you don't have legal ties with him, so move on. He doesn't sound as though he is as involved in the relationship as he could be.

Answer by Bmat at 2:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• yep, move out. he seems to really like you as a roommate. Accept that or leave. Make him earn his way back in.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2009