baby blues???

my family says i have the baby blues really bad
i have no clue honstly wut the baby blues are
i know wut postpardom (i knowi messed up the spelling) depression is
but i was wondering wut baby blues are and how long the usually last????/

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Baby blues is just ageneral feeling of sadness after the hormones depletion after having your baby. All the pregnancy hormones dump at once and it causes alot of women to feel sad for a bit. Post partum depression is a little more severe and last more than 2-3 weeks. I had to be on meds with my last baby because of it and it made a huge difference if you feel you have it talk to the Dr, it just isnt worth it to be sad in what should be a happy time
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:24 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• You just feel like crying over almost everything or anything! I cryed over comercials to my mister going to the grocery store. I had it bad with my first daughter and with my second my husband asked the doctor about it and I was put on a small dose of zoloft. It really helped me! If you feel down, lonely, sad, I guess just not your normal self. Good Luck! And Congrats on your baby. As for how long it last that varies from Woman to Woman mine was like 4 months or so.
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Most women get baby blues in the weeks after birth. It is just a cute name for the feelings of sadness, irritability, etc... that most women experience. The baby blues go away on their own within a few months or less. Post-partum depression is essentially the same thing as the baby blues, but it is more severe, and does not go away on it's own. It requires some kind of intervention, ideally treatment by a psychiatrist. It may or may not require medication. If your family is telling you that they are concerned about your mood, and if this does not improve or resolve it'self in the next couple of weeks, I would highly recommend seeing your doctor and asking for a referral to a psychiatrist. Or you can call your insurance company and get a list of psychiatrists in your area from them. Feel free to pm me anytime if you need info or just a safe place to vent. I never mind. :-)
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:12 PM on Mar. 7, 2009