early labor maybe?

ok im 35 1/2 weeks and i woke up this morning with the hot and cold sweats , i feel like crap, and i waddle like a penguin, idk if its my body preparing myself or the real thing or what. i havent had a baby in 4 yrs and my daughter was a week late, with my son here i feel like hes gunna come out any day now even though his due date is the 10th of april, i have been feeling like legit crap, so my question is... is it possible to loose your mucous plug, a week or 2 b4 you have your baby , because im almost 100% positave i lost mine this morning and now i have been having killer contractions but they are not 5 minutes apart, and my doctor isnt much help soo i dont wanna go in there for nothing , they told me as long as hes moving alot then im good and its just my body gearing itself up for delivery, which he is very active considering im in soo much pain, im just worried something will go wrong,any advice would help =]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, you can lose your plus weeks before giving birth, However, since you think you lost your plug and you are now also "having killer contraction", I think I'd call the doctor. You are a bit early yet, and this does sound like it could be the early stages of labor. Good luck!
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:08 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I think since you doc dont care to much I would go to the er and let them put you on the moniter better to be safe then sorry, thats just what I would do....Good Luck!!
    angelz4u39

Answer by angelz4u39 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2009