Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I get grant/scholarship money for college for myself?

I'm a single mother and want to continue my education. I do not recieve child support and don't make much at work. I'd prefer money that I don't have to pay back because honestly I have no money but I don't want that to be the reason not to better myself either! I know a lot of you have recieved free grant money for school etc. How did you apply for it? Where do you go? How do you get it? Any websites you can refer me to? All I'm finding are SCAMS! Thank you!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (1)
  • you can pick up a FASFA form at any college business office and just fill it out and turn it in. they will find any aid you can recieve. oh, and ask about pell grants.

    Answer by collinsmomma656 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.