I really want to tone my back and arms..................

does anyone have any killer routines they wanna share with me!!

scaredmommy08

Asked by scaredmommy08 at 1:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I found out a really good way to work out your back, but it's a little difficult because you have to find some way or place that you can hold your feet down. That's why I bought the yoga ball. Here's a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UydXrCZzSaw&feature=related

You can get on youtube and check out more back and arm exercises, and see which one's are the best by how people rated them.

Anonymous

• Pilates has some great excersises!!
    I love doing it, its so controlled and smooth that you usually don't feel like you're working out until the next morning.
    Try buying a resistance band, found at most sports stores, and get a dvd to go with it, and there you go!
    A resistance band and dvd combo, if you're going not for brand name is usually $30?
    I found mine in a $15 dollar bin at walmart :)
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I know of a few: Lie on your stomach and roll your head up and then your upper back, and lower slowly. Repeat several times. Lie on your stomach, weights in both hands, arms straight out from your shoulders, lift the arms upward to the ceiling, slowly lower. Similarly, bend your arms while on your stomach, with the hands (and weights) at shoulder height, and lift your forearms upward to the ceiling. Get in all-fours position and raise your back up like a camel, hold, and lower. The arms: Lift your bent arm above your head, holding a weight, and straighten and bend the arm slowly. Rest your elbow on your knee, weight in hand palm up, lift and lower, slowly. Stand and hold the weights in front of you, lift and lower. hold on to a chair while standing, lift hand and weight behind you. All done slowly, all done maybe 10 times at first and increasing to about 30. Best to look them up for precautions and more suggestions.

Answer by Bmat at 2:37 PM on Mar. 7, 2009