Can you eat mushrooms while pregnant? Last night my moms friend said this to me & I didn't see this info on the forbidden foods while pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, you can eat mushrooms. Just make sure you wash them, as with all produce. And make sure you know the source (in other words, don't eat mushrooms your friend picked in the woods).
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:06 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• LOL thanks I don't want to see any Pretty colors floating around
    Anonymous

• I never heard of it either, other than as any food that should be only eaten with good judgement. If the mushrooms have been gathered from the wild by someone who doesn't really know what they are doing, it would be foolish for anyone to eat them, which would include a pregnant lady. But store-bought mushrooms are raised under controlled conditions.
    I googled it an all I found was that mushrooms are a good source of zinc which is important for good development of the baby and the warning against eating mushrooms unless you are certain of what kind they are- that is, not poisonous.

Answer by Bmat at 2:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• When I was pregnant with my latest baby I craved mushrooms, I ate them almost every day, so no I don't think there's anything wrong with eating mushrooms.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2009