I had a emergency c-section when my baby was born and where they cut me is numb and has been for the last 2 years is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Health

• Unfortunately yes. I asked my OB about it my 6 week check up because I thought something must be wrong; it's a really weird sensation. She said it might get better or it might always be that way. I'm not totally numb anymore, but it still isn't normal. It's like I can feel in some layers of my skin but not all of them if that makes sense. My twins are 18 months now, so I suspect I'm going to be one of the ones who never get it all the way back..
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Yes and it will probably be numb forever. If you exercise you may regain muscle control but you've been cut and sometimes the feelings never do come back.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• yes its normal i had a c section 7 years ago and where my scar is from the surgery is still numb and even about a half inch around the scar is numb. sometimes it comes back and other time it doesnt. dont worry your not the only one.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2009