What in the heck..

Is Scientology?
I'm sooo curious about it and want actual Scientologisit (if there are any on here) to answer what it is..
And why are so many people opposed to it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think there may be some Scientologist on here.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:13 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Maybe if you searched for it on the CafeMom search bar you'll find at least SOME info on it.

Wikipedia has a nice article on it as well. But you won't find too terribly much on the internet unless you find someone who actually belongs to it. It's a VERY secretive "religion".
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:19 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I just know we're supossed to save Katie Cruise from it lol lol lol lol
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Check out http://www.scientology.org/religion/presentation/pg006.html...

You can find most your answers there...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• In the late 1940s, pulp writer L. Ron Hubbard declared: "Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion"
    Hubbard later created the Church of Scientology...
    It is a cult created by a man who just wanted to get rich. Unfortunately there are enough people who allowed themselves to be misguided by him and he got his wish.
    Anonymous

• Scientology is a spin off of Protestant Christianity. People are largely against it because it is pretty extreme in some of it's doctrines & what most would call "out there". I know little about the specifics & hope you get an answer from someone who does. It might be crazy, but show me a religous system that isn't.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• It's a dangerous cult, ran by liberal Hollywood nutjobs,and is about as far from Christianity as anything could ever possibly be.
    Anonymous

• Scientology is a spin off of Protestant Christianity.

I think you may be thinking of Church of Christ Scientist
    Very big difference between that and Scientology. Scientologists think there are dead alien ghosts invading your body and you need to defend yourself from them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I thought Scientologists prayed to the hulk of a spaceship from some other planet buried in some mountain somewhere.
    Anonymous

• wow...i had no idea about ron hubbard saying that about "write about religion amd make milions"- crazy, sick. hmmm...interesting, i've always wanted to know about this religion also..all of the followers seem so strange (not to be rude, i'm speaking of the celebs...tom cruise, hello?) i always wondered what exactly it is that sucks them in.i've never actually known a real scientologist...although there is a town 15 mins away from me that has hundreds of them in blue suits walking around recruiting others..i've always been tempted to listen to the schtick from them but never have..i hope actual scientologist respond and inform others on their behalf! :)

yomamaporter

Answer by yomamaporter at 12:09 AM on Mar. 8, 2009