What do you do when you're ready to sell baby items/kids things? (ebay, craigslist, garage sales, what?)

I'm finally ready to sell all of my baby items, but don't know how to go about it. I really hate doing garage sales, but I've never sold anything online before. Just wondering what you do and if you have been successful at it. TIA

liltymesmom

Asked by liltymesmom at 3:13 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• That would take much much more than 940 characters to explain. Plus, both eBay and CraigsList have tutorials which will walk you through step by step. Join the eBays sellers forum here on CM and start listing your auctions, as you get stuck, post your questions on the forum. We can't help you until you are actually doing it.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 9:00 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• If you don't want to pay the listing fees for eBay, start your own website and advertise on here. I use Synthasite, because it's free. Check out what I have done on my site: www.bit-pizari.synthasite.com

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:39 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• that's what i did too- then i post a link on craigslist - works great!! keeps me from having to get a "real" job

http://twicelovedtoys.multiply.com/photos/album/1/TOYS_FOR_SALE

stephimelkaiser

Answer by stephimelkaiser at 8:01 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• We donated ours to the local battered woman's shelter - they need those items in the worse way because they often have to leave their homes with nothing more than the clothes they are wearing and then have to depend on whatever donations strangers make to the shelter. Many of the items are outdated and damaged, plus they are contending with other moms with babies to use the same items.
    Not telling you what to do, but if selling online doesn't work out perhaps you'll consider donating to such a worthwhile cause?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:17 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Prydferth~ That is awesome that you have donated to the woman's shelter. I had a good friend that worked at one and yes, they do need our assistance. I actually am donating quite a bit of items to a few charities (AmVets and a church one). I was looking into another way for some of the things that might help me make a buck or two so I can purchase the next round of summer clothes for my kiddos. Thanks for suggesting that one!
    liltymesmom

Answer by liltymesmom at 9:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2009