okay, i want a debate on goats milk for infants...pros and cons please.

feel free to leave any opinions on this subject, just want some word of mouth info.

fallenruby

Asked by fallenruby at 3:34 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say it is better than cows milk, especially for a baby if they are intolerant to cows milk, like my DD is. I haven't tried goats milk myself, but I just bought some goat cheese to try.
    LeoneLover13

Answer by LeoneLover13 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• You should be able to view this without signing up for the newsletter.

Raw goat milk is also closer to human breastmilk than cow's milk.
    It's still not as good as breastmilk, of course.

heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 4:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• If you want the pros and cons, I suggest speaking to your pediatrician.

It is NOT recommended to be given to babies.

It does not have the nutrition needed for them to thrive.

If they're on goat's milk (or "homemade formula") they need an iron supplement at the very least.
    Anonymous

• check out my blog post for comparison nutritional information. both goats milk and cows milk differ significantly from human milk. But we all expected this right?

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1414810/goats_milk_cows_milk_and_breastfeeding
    fallenruby

Answer by fallenruby at 4:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• ive heard goats milk is better than cows milk and actually can help the body absorb iron better than cows milk- im even considering switching my whole family to drink this instead- Oh and did u know people just recently (like within the past 2 or 300 yrs) started drinking cows milk because its cheaper and cows can produce more milk than cows? and there are still alot of countries whose people cannot tolerate cows milk- and goats milk is really easier to digest than cows? and for those who say its not safe- what do u think people in other countries drink? not cows milk!
    Anonymous